Northville High School » Students » Work Permits

Work Permits

The State of Michigan requires that all minors under 18 years of age must obtain a work permit or a written agreement or contract entered into between the employer and the governing school district, public school academy, or nonpublic school before starting work.
To read more about the State of Michigan's Youth Employment Standards Act (YESA), click here.
Students may request a blank work permit in the main office or you may print a blank one using the following links:
The minor fills out Section 1, then the employer will fill out Section 2. Then the permit must be signed by an issuing officer at the school before the student returns the completed permit to the employer. You must do this in-person in the main office. The school will keep a copy of completed work permit in the student's school file. 
If the minor changes jobs, a new work permit is required for the new employer.