PSAT testing for Wednesday, October 10
Please Note: Seniors report time for class on October 10 is at 12:08 p.m.--the morning off gives Seniors some extra time to work on those college apps and scholarships :) More information still coming about the PSAT.
On Wednesday, October 10 all students 9th through 11th will be taking a College Board Assessment. Freshman will be taking PSAT 9 and Sophomores & Juniors are taking the PSAT/NMSQT on October 11. At NHS, we give our students the opportunity to take these assessments in the Fall to help prepare them for State testing in the spring (Juniors will be taking the college entrance SAT exam in the spring and Sophomores and Freshmen will be taking the PSAT again) and these scores also help us with school and individual academic interventions.
- Student rosters will be posted on the main office windows by the week of testing.
- Students with accommodations will receive a letter home regarding timing and individual needs.
- Students will need to bring a calculator and two #2 pencils. A list of acceptable calculators can be found here College Board.
- College Board's technology policy is to not have cell phone or wearable technology in the testing room. Students will asked to leave cell phones turned off and in their locker and along with any wearable technology.
- No food or drinks in the testing rooms--again, College Board policy.
Sophomores and Juniors will receive prep guides in their Seminars. If a student did not receive one, they can pick one up from the counseling office. And just a note, this is the qualifying test for Juniors for the National Merit Scholarship Program.