Letters of Recommendation
If you require your counselor to write a recommendation, please complete and hand in both the Counselor-Student Brag Sheet and Counselor-Parent Brag Sheet. Please allow ten days for processing.
If you require a teacher letter of recommendation, please complete this Teacher Brag Sheet for your recommender. Please allow ten days for processing.
Juniors, what should you be doing before the end of the school year?
1. Complete your Seminar modules soon and use this to help narrow down your post-secondary choices.
2. Determine if any colleges have early deadlines or need teacher letters of recommendation.
3. If a teacher recommendation will be required for any of the colleges that you plan to apply to, ask a teacher, in person, if he or she would be willing to write a positive letter of recommendation.
4. If needed, stop by to see your counselor during lunchtime drop-ins to continue the college search discussion or a make a personal appointment to see your counselor.
5. Consider retaking the SAT in June and/or August or take the ACT in June and/or July. You will need to register for these tests through the national testing websites.
6. Talk with your parents about the process.
7. Review all of this information that has been provided:
Class of 2019 Financial Aid Night
EVENT: Class of 2019 Financial Aid Night
DATE: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
TIME: 6:30 p.m. in the NHS Auditorium
Juniors and their parents are encouraged to attend and learn more about the financial aid process. Dr. Carrie Gilchrist, Senior Financial Aid Outreach Advisor with Oakland University’s Financial Services, will discuss the elements of financial aid, completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), recommend financial aid resources, scholarships, grants, student employment, and loans. NO RSVP required.
Download the materials provided during the presentation here.
Small Group Junior Planning Meetings
Class of 2019 Registration Presentation for Junior Parents
WHEN: Wednesday, February 21st
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
The counseling department will be providing parents with the same registration presentation student(s) will receive during seminar on Thursday, February 22nd. Please attend this session so that you can help your student(s) make informed decisions as they determine what courses they should take senior year.
Class of 2019 Student Registration Presentation
WHEN: Thursday, February 22nd
TIME: 7:20 a.m.
Please attend this session so that you can ensure that you are making informed decisions about your schedule for senior year.
Junior College Planning Meeting
It’s time to begin the college search process! We hope that students and their parents will join join us for a College Planning 101 presentation. We will discuss ways to investigate and evaluate college campuses and the general process of applying to colleges, including what colleges are looking for during the college admissions process. Hope to see you there!
Sign up for REMIND
Get counseling updates specific to your class via text! Remind is a simple way for you to stay informed and up-to-date with what is happening in counseling. By joining your graduating class on Remind, you’re choosing to receive class messages via push notifications, SMS, or email. Don’t worry, your phone number will not be shared with Counseling or anyone else in your Class. Students and parents sign up by sending a text message or email. You never need to visit the Remind site or create an account. To learn more you can visit the Remind site at https://www.remind.com/
Class of 2019: (248) 327-4125 with this message in the text @12a58 or visit this link: www.remind.com/join/12a58